Monday, January 11, 2010

What do American Girls Like?


So the other night I was doing a little research online when I came across this website where they talked about what American girls like. My 1st reaction was laughter. I couldn't stop reading the perfectly designed list of examples that I could relate to as my everyday thinking. And if it wasn't me, it was definitely one of my friends. Have they really figured us out? Do they really think that we are these absent minded vast and shallow people?

The 1st example of what an average American girl like is "#1 Themed Parties" and it quotes, "A perfect opportunity to demonstrate creativity and uniqueness, but most of all some skin. Especially for Halloween. Preparation process is at least as valuable as the party itself". This sounded all so familiar and so true because I have definitely been there. So i searched through my tiny pink filing cabinets of my thoughts. Of course! How can i forget... my favorite movie! Mean girls, and they quote "In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girl can say anything about it"


Cast of Mean Girls in their Halloween outfits





Me in my halloween outfit


As I read down the list another one that caught my attention was shoes, preferably Manolo Blahnik to be like Carrie Bradshaw. And if you don't know who Carrie Bradshaw is, then you are automatically disliked just a tiny bit because omg, HOW can you not watch Sex & The City? See how this all ties in together? And yes I will say it again, this is what the people outside of American Life see us as. But you know what. I will not allow myself to be labeled under anything. I CAN relate to some of these things on this list, I do have gay friends, I do love shoes, I do love singing, ugg boots, new dresses, going to the bathroom in groups, and New York City. But it doesn't make me like the girl next door. I have my own activities and I have so many talents that most of these girls can't do. Just like on my last blog, I an not a cookie cutter persona that will be molded into what society wants me to be. I enjoy things in my own personal matter with my friend and family. And to those "American Girls", I'm just happy for them to be that cookie cutter because then I wouldn't stand out. And I do. I am not that fake pretty that "American Boys" like. I am that strangely beautiful girl that you don't know why I seem to be so attractive. I am not part of a norm and I hope that you (my reader) will realize it too.

Here is the full list http://girls.yury.name/

No comments:

Post a Comment